8White Fish, Carrot, And Leek Purée
This purée combination is a savory, brain-boosting powerhouse. White fish contains omega-3 fatty acids that help boost development of baby’s central nervous system. Leeks provide cardiovascular support and carrots are loaded with antioxidants.
- 1 6-ounce fish fillet
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, white and green parts only, chopped
- 1/2 cup water (reserved), breast milk or formula
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 inches of water to a boil over medium heat.
- Place the fish, carrots and leek into a steamer basket and steam for 15 minutes, covered.
- Let cool slightly.
- Transfer all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, adding 1/4 cup of liquid at a time, until you have reached your desired consistency.