7Pumpkin Thyme Purée
This easy and elegant seasonal recipe is full of beta carotene, potassium, and iron. Make a big batch and freeze it in ice cube trays for single-portion servings for later!
- 1 sugar pumpkin
- cinnamon, nutmeg (optional – sprinkle into the cooking water or when you puree/mash)
- Halve the pumpkin, de-seed
- Place halves face down in a baking pan with approx 1-2 inches of water
- Bake between 375-425 F for approximately 40 minutes to 1 hour.
Skin should be “puckery” and/or wrinkled and pumpkin should feel soft when pressed
Pumpkin is best when baked though you may peel, cube and steam it. Bake a pumpkin exactly as you would bake a winter (Acorn, Butternut etc.) squash. Pumpkin is after all a squash.
- Scrape out the pumpkin “meat” and then mash or puree as needed for your baby.